David And Goliath (Presentation (16:9)) by Jennifer Tolbert
This is the story of how God helped a young shepherd boy defeat a giant named Goliath.
1. All things are possible though God's strength.
2. We can have courage when we are fighting on God's side.
3. God uses small things to prepare his people for big things.
"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." I Samuel 16:7
Old Testament Books
He's The King
Lord, My Desire
There Is A Flag
Only a Little Boy David
Three Kings of Israel
Begin Class with Songs, Games, Table Activity, or Sharing Time
Open Class in Prayer
Introducing the Story Ideas
1. Measure Up-Create a large cut out or yard stick to demonstrate Goliath's height. (Reference: https://www.goliathsspear.com/how-tall-was-goliath/). Let the kids take turns measuring how tall they would be next to Goliath.
2. Take Aim: Create a simple target game using Solo cups and a ping pong ball. Let the children test their aim. Discuss how difficult it would be to kill a giant with a sling.
3. Scavenger Hunt Puzzle from Oriental Trading
Story: Last week, we learned how God chose his new king, David. Today we are going to discuss how David showed himself to be a true hero. His faith in God gave him the courage to stand up to a giant when even Israel's mightiest warriors were shaking in their sandals.
READ I Samuel 17:1-58 in your Bible or tell the story of how God helped David defeat Goliath.
Virtual Storybook-No Sound
Printable Storybook from Trueway Kids
Challenge the children to come up with "God is" statements based on this story such as God is faithful, God is powerful, etc.
Inspire the Mom David and Goliath Craft Kit (story wheel, color your own puzzle, memory verse craft and sheep)
Resources & References