God Cares for Elijah Part 1 by Jennifer Tolbert
This is the story of how God cared for his servant, the prophet Elijah.
1. Always trust God
2. Fully rely on God for all our needs (Practice the FROG principle: Fully Rely On God)
3. God loves us more than we can ever imagine
Hebrews 1:1-2: In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.
Old Testament Books
Trust and Obey
My God is Big...
He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
Begin Class with Songs, Games, Table Activity, or Sharing Time
Open Class in Prayer
Introducing the Story Ideas
1. Ask a Connection Question: What do you think happens if we don't get rain for a long time?
2. SAY: Have you ever had something amazing happen to you? Let's learn how amazing God is in our Bible lesson.
Story: Once the Kingdom of God divided, the people were led away from God and began to serve God. But there were still a few people who followed God. Those people are usually called prophets. A prophet is a messenger of God. Today we are going to talk about the prophet Elijah.
READ 1 Kings 17:1-9 in your Bible or tell the story of how God fed Elijah using ravens.
1. What did God warn Elijah was going to happen to the land? (drought)
2. What was Elijah? (Prophet)
3. What is a prophet? (A person who speaks a message directly from God)
4. How did God tell Elijah he would be fed? (Ravens would bring him bread and meat)
5. Does God provide for us today? How?
Challenge the kids to come up with a God is statement based on this lesson. For example, God is my best friend, God is loyal, God will protect me...
Raven Puppet: Use a paper lunch bag and make it into a raven puppet and let the children pick up little pieces of bread to eat.
Raven's Brook Mural: Have the children color a brook and have the children add black bird stickers to it with little squares cut out for bread.
Game: Play Hangman using words from our story.
Blessing Chain: Make a paper chain with rings of how God blesses and provides for us today.
Read Aloud: Read a book to the children...(Will You Be My Friend? Mission Possible, etc)
Resources & References