Copy of Parable About God's Patience: Wheat & Weeds by Jennifer Tolbert
When Jesus came to Earth, he performed miracles to prove that he was the Son of God. In this story, Jesus showed his power over the Earth. He demonstrated that he could control the weather.
1. Jesus did miracles to convince us that He is the Son of the almighty God.
2. A miracle is a special act of God's power.
3. Jesus told his disciples to have faith instead of fear.
John 20:30, 31––“Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name.”
Books of the New Testament
Blue Skies and Rainbows
Cast Your Burdens
I've Got Peace Like a River
Our God is an Awesome God
egin Class with Songs, Games, Table Activity, or Sharing Time
Open Class in Prayer
Introducing the Story Ideas
1. Empty the Boat. Make a circle in the middle of the room as the boat. Scrunch up old pieces of paper into balls. One or more children must go into the boat, while the other players tried to throw the pieces of paper into the boat area. It is the goal of the people in the boat to get the paper out as much as possible. Reflect on how the disciples would have tried to scoop the water out of the boat to stop it from sinking. (Truewaykids.com)
2. Make Waves (STEM): Fill a container of water. Try to find different objects which will create wind to blow over the water. For example, you could use a straw, a piece of cardboard to flap near to the water, or a fan. You could shake the container and drop things in it. Measure which things cause the biggest waves. Talk about how strong you blow affects how big the wave becomes. (Truewaykids.com)
Story: Since the days of Abraham, God's people have been waiting for the Messiah--or "Anointed One." The Jews were expecting a mighty warrior king, like David. Jesus was so different from what they expected, many of the Jews didn't even recognize him. God knew it would be important for the His Son to be able to prove that he was the Son of God. He gave Jesus the power to perform miracles.
What is a miracle? A miracle is not a magic trick. A miracle is a special act of God's power. -A miracle always had immediate and instant results.
-They were always successful.
-They were always performed to help someone or glorify God.
READ the story of Jesus Calms a Storm, or Matthew 8:23-27.
Connect the Story back to God and his character. Explain how this story fits into God's overall story.
Jesus Calms the Storm Printable
Supplies: Template from Truewaykids.org, Blue paper, Colored pencils, Scissor, Glue, Popsicle Stick
Jesus Calms the Storm Brad Wheel by Bible Crafts By Jenny
Supplies: Template, paper, crayons, scissors, brads
Jesus Calms a Storm Pool Noodle Boat by 123Homeschool4Me.com
Supplies: Template, Pool Noodles, Popsicle Stick, Glue