Nehemiah by Jennifer Tolbert
This is the story of how Nehemiah helped to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.
1. God always has a plan.
2. God can use us in blessing others.
3. Continue to do what is right even if people try to stop us.
"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God."
1 John 4:7
Old Testament Books
Let Us Be Faithful
My God is So Big
This Little Light of Mine
I'm in the Lord's Army
Building Up the Temple
Above All Else
Let Us Pray
You're the One
Begin Class with Songs, Games, Table Activity, or Sharing Time
Open Class in Prayer
Introducing the Story Ideas
1. Play a version of “red light/green light. Tell the children that you will call out the name of a good activity (something that makes God happy). When you hold up the green light (a circle of green paper) they are to act out the good thing. When you hold up the red light (a circle of red paper) they are to “freeze” and stop doing the good thing until you hold the green light up again. “Good things” might include things like sweeping the floor to help mom, washing the dishes, picking flowers for someone, writing a note of encouragement on the computer, etc. After a few rounds talk about the fact that God likes us to do good things but sometimes people try to stop us. It’s like they are the red light. (Idea from Mission Bible Class)
2. Use blocks or stackable items to build a wall. Break it down. Discuss the idea of rebuilding something that has been destroyed.
3. Obstacle course. Build an obstacle course of everyday and classroom objects. Allow the kids to race through the obstacle course for time. Discuss how Nehemiah faced obstacles in trying to fulfill what God called him to.
READ Nehemiah or tell the story of Esther's Faithfulness.
Connect the story back to God and his character. Explain how this story fits into God's overall story of God.
Silver Goblet Craft by Trueway Kids
Help children learn about Nehemiah’s role as cup-bearing to the king with this easy to make craft.
Supplies: Paper or plastic cup, Thick card, Tape or glue, Aluminum foil, Craft jewels or paper
What to do: