Naaman, the army general with leprosy by Jennifer Tolbert
This is the story of how God used Elisha to heal Naaman from leprosy.
1. Obey God.
2. Always tell the truth.
3. Remember to always be thankful.
All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" which means "God is with us." Isaiah 7:14
Old Testament Books
My God is So Big
Truth and Obey
Rejoice in the Lord
Jesus Loves Me
Begin Class with Songs, Games, Table Activity, or Sharing Time
Open Class in Prayer
Introducing the Story Ideas
1. Ask the children how they would feel if they had sores all over their bodies.
2. Explain what it means to be contagious and have to live in isolation.
READ 2 Kings 5:1-27 or tell the story of Naaman and Elisha.
1. What disease did Naaman have? (Leprosy)
2. Who told Naaman how to make the leprosy go away? (His wife's servant girl)
3. What message did Elisha's servant girl give Naaman? (Go dip in the Jordan River seven times.)
4. Did Naaman run to dip in the Jordan River? No
5. Why did Naaman not want to go to the Jordan River? Who convinced him to try? (He thought the Jordan River was dirty; Naaman's servants)
6. What did Naaman's servant do with the gift that was intended for Elisha?
Connect the story back to God and his character. Explain how this story fits into God's overall story of God.