Parable About God's Patience: Wheat & Weeds by Jennifer Tolbert
Parable About God's Patience by Jennifer Tolbert
Jesus used parables to teach the people about important things He wanted them to know about God and His kingdom. One of the parables he told about a fig tree to help his followers understand that God is very patient.
1. A parable is a story about an everyday example that teaches a spiritual truth.
2. Jesus taught us how to live to please God.
3. Jesus wants us to understand how much God loves us.
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
-I John 4:7
Books of the New Testament
This Little Light of Mine
Read Your Bible And Pray Everyday
From the Rising of the Sun
Begin Class with Songs, Games, Table Activity, or Sharing Time
Open Class in Prayer
Introducing the Story Ideas
1. Bring Figs or Fig Cookies. Introduce the idea of a fig tree and how Jesus used plants and farming to help the people understand. Many of the people were farmers, so using the idea of plants is something they could connect to.
2. ASK: What is the difference between a plant and a weed? Discuss the idea of weeds.
Story: Jesus wanted his followers to understand how patient God is and how long he is willing to wait
READ the story of The Useless Tree, and/or the Parable of The Wheat and Weeds or tell them the story.
Connect the Story back to God and his character. Explain how this story fits into God's overall story.
Parable of the Wheat Craft by Oriental Trading