Jesus came to Earth to teach us how to live in a way that pleased God. This is a story Jesus told his followers to help them to understand how we should show love to others.
1. God wants us to show to love to everyone.
2. Jesus taught us to love our enemies.
3. When we serve others, we please God.
34 Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable. 35 So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet:
“I will open my mouth in parables,
I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.”
New Testament Books
Big Big House
You're My Brother
If You Love Jesus
Love is Something If Give It Away Song
Begin Class with Songs, Games, Table Activity, or Sharing Time
Open Class in Prayer
Introducing the Story Ideas
1. Help children think of ways to help someone in need. This could be a class project. Perhaps collecting food or items for the poor.
2. Let one child volunteer be the injured person and show the class how to do simple first aid (plasters, cleaning and bandaging wounds, etc.)
Read Luke 10:25-37 or tell them the story of the Good Samaritan.
Connect the story back to God and his character. Explain how this story fits into God's overall story.