Jesus's Family Tree by Jennifer Tolbert
This is the story of how Nehemiah helped to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.
1. God always has a plan.
2. We can trust that Jesus is God's son.
3. Inspired prophets foretold of God's coming Son, the Messiah, who would save mankind.
22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet:
23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and they shall call his name Immanuel”
(which means, God with us).
New Testament Books
If You Love Jesus
Oh, How I Love Jesus
Standing on the Promises
Begin Class with Songs, Games, Table Activity, or Sharing Time
Open Class in Prayer
Introducing the Story Ideas
1. Define a promise. Discuss what a promise means and how important it is to keep promises.
2. Review the timeline of the Old Testament. Remind the children of members of Jesus's family tree that you have studied so far. Try to help children connect that God is working out his plan through all of these people's lives.
3. Start class with this object lesson.
READ Scriptures which prophesied the coming of Jesus.
1. Who did God promise to send after Adam and Eve sinned?
2. What does the word prophecy mean?
3. What does the word Messiah mean?
4. Can you name some of the people in Jesus's family tree?
5. How many generations passed between Abraham and Jesus?
6. Why is it important to know who Jesus's ancestors are?
Connect the story back to God and his character. Explain how this story fits into God's overall story.